- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia to be advertised on BBC and CNN since February2010-01-19 11:19
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, stated that in 5-6 years ten winter and several ski resorts would function in the country - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Yesterday in Bakuriani, at the presentation of tourist planning of Anaklia and Mestia, he stated that construction had been stopped due to crisis, but resumed, pipelines were under construction. Works in Bakuriani were taken under strict control to avoid chaotic construction that used to happen in Gudauri.
Saakashvili believes it was the flaw of the government, which that time was struggling with illegal construction in Tbilisi, and overlooked processes in Gudauri. Yet he called the destruction of a multistoried building in Tabukashvili street by the authorities as a good example and explained that in o civilized country building like that would be allowed to appear near central avenue.
He added that even in Gudauri spaces for further exploration remain, and cableways can be built there. Saakashvili promised that in Bakuriani a skiing track, one of the best in the world, will be build.
"I want us to build in Georgia not new Soviet resorts, but new Davoses, new Saint Maurices, and there's nothing exaggerated in it," the President said.
The Georgian leader said that since February advertisement of Georgian resorts, information programs and clips on tourist potential of Georgia will be aired in all international channels, in particular, BBC and CNN, and will favor popularization of the country on intentional arena.