- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Iran advises Georgia to renounce plans on joining NATO2010-01-19 12:35
NATO expansion to the East will bring no benefit to the countries of the region, said Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the President of Iran, in the course of his meeting with Grigol Vashadze, the Foreign Minister of Georgia, in Tehran.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"They [Western countries] consider no interests for regional countries and are ready for investing even entire countries' prestige to secure their own interests," he said - ISRIA.
He mentioned that his country and Georgia are connected with long warm relations, and Iran is interested in increasing their level.
In 2008, at Bucharest summit, NATO member countries made decision on Georgia's and Ukraine's integration in the Alliance. On December 16th 2009 the NATO Secretary General Rasmussen stated the decision was still valid.
Both he and his predecessor Scheffer repeatedly claimed the two countries would be NATO members when met the Alliance standards. Now thy are quite far from these.