- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tragedy of Georgians and Azerbaijanian commemorated in Marneuli2010-01-19 18:22
On January 18th Georgian Azerbaijanians commemorated the tragic events in Tbilisi on April 9th 1989 and in Baku on January 20th 1990, when Soviet troops suppressed manifestations of national liberation movements of Georgia and Azerbaijan.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The event devoted to these days, was held in Marneuli [Georgia], where most of the population are Azerbaijanians.
It was organized with assistance of Kvemo Kartli administration and office of the State Minister for Diaspora Issues of Georgia. Representatives of Georgian and Azerbaijanian community attended the event.
The official part was followed by performance prepared by Tbilisi Azerbaijanian Heydar Aliyev State Theatre - Novosti-Gruzia.
According to annual tradition, on January 19th the ceremony of laying wreaths to Heydar Aliyev monument was conducted, then in Varlyg culture centre in Tbilisi a round table with participation of Azerbaijanian and Georgian intelligentsia was held, a movie was shown.