- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian President appointed a person, responsible for North Caucasus2010-01-20 10:16
Dmitry Medvedev, the President of Russia, signed an order on seven Russian regions constituting the North Caucasian federal district.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Alexander Khloponin, the governor of Krasnoyarsk region, will be the President's Plenipotentiary in the new district. He was also appointed the Vice Prime Minister - RIA Novosti.
The new federal district will include: Chechnya, Ingushetia, North Ossetia, Dagestan, Kabardino-Balkaria and Karachai-Circassia, with the centre in Pyatigorsk. Previously these regions were included in Southern federal district.
The President mentioned that Khloponin will have to combine authority and obligations of the Plenipotentiary, like work with defense, security and law enforcement structures, with authorities of economic character, connected with the work of Vice PM.
Last December, in his interview to Russian TV channels, Medvedev promised to appoint a special official to monitor situation in volatile North Caucasus.