- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Quotation from Hitler on Georgian TV one month before 5-day war2010-01-20 18:33
In July 2008, one month before attack of Georgia on South Ossetia, on Sakartvelo TV channel, the Reservist documentary was shown. The film was aimed to popularize reserve military service.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In this movie a quotation from Hitler was used: it sounded on the background of episode with young man signing up - Civil.ge.
The quotation is: 'It must be thoroughly understood that the lost land will never be won back by solemn prayers, nor by hopes in any League of Nations, but only by the force of arms.' Adolf Hitler, 1932.". The source highlights the small audience of the channel, and said the debate started in Internet.
Sakartvelo channel is associated with the Ministry of Defense, and the latter couldn't but react on the scandal.
The statement was issued. "Discussions are taking place in internet recently about a documentary film, Reservist, aired by the TV company, Sakartvelo, in 2008. Authors of the film use an aggressive quotation by Adolf Hitler. This part of the film is distributed in internet as a TV spot and aims at cheap political goals to discredit the Georgian Ministry of Defense and the Armed Forces. The Georgian Ministry of Defense states, that the film and especially the use of Adolf Hitler's quotation did not and does not reflect the position of the Georgian Ministry of Defense. It represents a personal initiative and vision of the author of the film. The Ministry of Defense categorically distances itself from the quotation used in the film and from the vision of the authors," the Ministry stated.