- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Abkhazia and Georgia exchanged demands at 5-side meeting2010-01-21 10:57
Yesterday in Gali, near Abkhazian-Georgian border, meeting in the framework of mechanism for joint incident prevention and response, with participation of Abkhazian, Georgian, Russian sides, and also representatives of the EU and the UN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The chairman was Marco Bianchini - for the first time.
At these meetings he substituted Johan Verbeke, the UN Secretary General's special envoy, who left in end 2009, and has no appointed successor so far - Interfax.
The sides agreed to hold meetings every three weeks before the permanent envoy is appointed.
The Abkhazian side again raised issue of incident with BUKET vessel, captured by Georgian border guards, and demanded return of both the ship and the cargo. They do not intend the remove the issue from agenda until it's solved.
The Georgian side expressed anxiety over the restrictions of crossing the border on Inguri river, and, in particular, the recent detention of schoolchildren.
Ruslan Kishmaria, the President's plenipotentiary in Gali region, explained that schoolchildren can easily cross the border at checkpoints.
Marco Bianchini mentioned the meeting was held on very constructive level. He believes that a good basis for further work was established.