- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili was late for the meeting with Estonian President2010-01-21 13:43
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, was late for the meeting with his Estonian counterpart Toomas Hendrik Ilves, held yesterday in Tallinn.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The reason was the delay of Tbilisi-Tallinn flight.
"I came late as my aircraft had to spend some more time for the way. It's not easy to obtain permission of one "small" country, located between our two large states," he said in the beginning of his speech in presidential palace.
The Georgian leader thanked Estonia for many-years' support of political and economic reforms in Georgia. "No matter where you go, staying in Georgia, in all spheres assistance of Estonia is seen. Estonia inspires us and, perhaps, it's the main aspect," he said.
Saakashvili granted Ilves the highest award of Georgia - St.George's Victory order - RIA Novosti.
In response the President of Estonia said his country would continue support and assistance to Georgia, and hails Georgia's plans to join NATO and the EU.