- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia decided not to increase expenditures on military purposes2010-01-21 17:08
This year the government of Georgia doesn't plan to increase expenditures on military purposes.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In two nearest years Tbilisi intends to lure USD 3 bn from privatization, Kakha Baindurashvili, the Minister of Finance said - Reuters.
Georgia managed to modernize its armed forces significantly with the assistance of the USA, but the country was defeated in August 2008 war. Though the volume of means for military purposes remains the same, their part in budget decreases [in percentage], as the Minister explained.
According to Baindurashvili, in the nearest two years Tbilisi plans to receive USD 3 bn from selling rights to build a resort in Anaklia and the railway, implementation of projects in hydro energy and privatization of state property.
In 2009 the economy of Georgia decreased by 4 per cent, comparing to 2.1 per cent growth in 2008.
Yet the decrease of capital inflow didn't strike as hard, due to aid of Western donors - USD 4.5 bn, allocated to 2012, for recovery after August war.