- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Telethon to help children of Haiti was held in Georgia2010-01-22 17:29
Last night in Tbilisi a charity concert with participation of opera stars like Marcelo Alvares, Amborgio Maestri and others. In the course of the concert a telethon was held. Funds will be passed for the aid for children, aggrieved in an earthquake in Haiti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Opera stars were brought to the Georgian capital by Paata Burchuladze, a renowned singer - RosBalt. The concert was dated to his 55th jubilee.
In his time Burchuladze founded Iavnana charity fund, helping orphanages and poor families with many children.
Yesterday, at 6:03 a.m. [local time] in Haiti one more shock occurred. The magnitude amounted 6 points, the epicenter 56 kilometers [34.8 miles] North-West to the capital. People ran away in the streets in panic. No messages about new destructions or victims.
The earthquake claimed lives of 75 000, about 250 000 were injured, about 1 mln left homeless.