- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Shevardnadze’s memoirs published in Iran2010-01-25 17:48
Memoirs of Eduard Shevardnadze, the ex-Foreign Minister of the USSR and ex-President of Georgia, were released in Tehran. The book entitled Thoughts about the Past and the Future, published in Persian, with assistance of Foreign Ministry of Iran.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Shevardnadze's press service, one of the editors was Jemshid Giunashvili, philology doctor, well-known Georgian scholar, ex-ambassador of Georgia to Iran - Trend.
From Georgian to Persian the book was translated by two Iranian specialists of Georgian origin - Ali Reza Aslan and Tarvin Tavzol. They are descendants of Georgians, resettled in Iran in 17th century.
Shevardnadze's book appeared in Georgia in 2006, in Georgian , entitled Thoughts about the Past and the Future [Pikri tsarsulsa da momavalze] , in 2007 was published in Geramny [in German language], but under another title - When the Iron Curtain Fell. Meetings and Reminiscences. Under the same title it appeared in Russia in 2009 ["Когда рухнул железный занавес. Встречи и воспоминания"].
Today Eduard Shevardnadze celebrates his 82nd birthday.