- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Delegation of U.S. ex-Congressmen met with parliamentary opposition2010-01-27 11:16
Yesterday delegation of U.S. ex-Congressmen continued meetings in the Parliament of Georgia. They held meetings with Khatuna Gorishvili, the chairperson of the Committee for Procedural Issues and Rules, who was also the deputy chairperson of the ad hoc commission for study of August events.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Later the delegation met with representatives of parliamentary opposition - GeorgiaTimes correspondent in Tbilisi. The sides discussed issues of integration into NATO, security and domestic political situation in Georgia, Levan Vepkhvadze, the leader of Christian Democrats fraction, said.
He added the guests recommended reinforcing control over the government's activities, increasing its answerability to the legislative body.
Today the delegation from the USA will continue meetings, and their 3-day visit to Georgia will be over.