- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition staged a rally with a demand to release political prisoners2010-01-27 14:25
Today Georgian opposition and its supporters staged a protest action - a movement from Isani to Samgori metro stations - Georgia Times correspondent in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The participants were: leaders and supporters of Conservative party, People's Party, For United Georgia, Movement for Just Georgia.
They were carrying posters with pictures of people they consider political prisoners. One of them is Tsotne Gamsakhurdia, son of the late first President of Georgia.
Near Samgori metro station opposition members staged a small rally and presented their demands to the government. They promised in case the political prisoners are not released, similar rallies will be held in other districts of the capital and regions of country.