- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Most residents of Tbilisi for joining NATO2010-01-27 18:07
Most residents of the Georgian capital support the plans of the government about joining NATO, the survey conducted upon the order of the Information Centre of NATO in Georgia - Interpress news.gt-en-newsitem-inside
1 500 respondents were surveyed; 23 believe that in its foreign policy Georgia should be oriented on the EU; 16 per cent are for orientation on the USA.
42. 9 per cent approve the participation of Georgian military in peacemaking operations in Afghanistan; whereas 44.7 per cent are against it.
34 per cent believe that August war of 2008 impeded joining NATO; 14 per cent think Georgia won't be able to integrate in the Alliance due to domestic policy of the government.
The Information & Documentation Centre of NATO in Georgia conducts public surveys. It was noted that since April 2009 the number of citizens, supporting joining NATO, has increased by 9 per cent.