- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian mass media discuss successors of the Minister of Defense2010-01-28 12:54
Georgian mass media are actively discussing possible successors of Bacho Akhalaya in position of the Minister of Defense.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the view of All News [Tbilisi newspaper], most possible candidates are Batu Kutelia [ambassador to the USA] and Gela Bezhuashvili [head of foreign intelligence service] - VZGLYAD.
One more possible candidate is Dimitri Shashkin, the present-day Minister of Education.
Previously the Georgian media stated the decision to replace Bacho Akhalaya was made by President Saakashvili under pressure of the West, as that Minister of Defense is considered quite an obnoxious figure in the Cabinet. Previously he headed the penitentiary department in the Ministry of Justice. Society and opposition campaigned against his appointment to the position of the Minister of Defense.
According to the newspaper, Akhalaya can become the National Security Council, instead of Eka Tkeshelashvili, the latter would be sent as the UN Permanent Representative.
Previously Batu Kutelia was the deputy Minister of Defense; Gela Bezhuashvili - the Minister [of Defense].