- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA approved new strategy in regard to Abkhazia and South Ossetia2010-01-29 12:30
The USA hails Tbilisi's strategy in regard to Abkhazia and South Ossetia, endorsed by the Georgian government on Wednesday, the message of the U.S. embassy to Georgia says - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The embassy calls the strategy a constructive step in direction of easing tension and implies participation of all population of Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
The U.S. side highlighted Georgia's decision to reach full "de-occupation" of the two regions and re-integrate the territories and their population into constitutional space of Georgia in peaceful and diplomatic way.
Previously Georgia Times reported that at Wednesday's sitting the government of Georgia endorsed the strategic concept on regard to Abkhazia and South Ossetia - the document entitled ‘Inclusion via Cooperation'.
Temur Iakobashvili, the State Minister for Reintegration and Vice PM introduced it and said the document in detail describes Georgia's events in regard to Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Iakobashvili said that Georgia refuses its isolation.
"Our citizens are there, they must be included in educational, cultural, social project, being implemented in Georgia," the State Minister.
The specific plan for implementation of the concept will be worked out till end June. According to Iakobashvili, both the state and donors will finance the events.
He said Georgia chose the peaceful way to settle relations with Abkhazia and South Ossetia; and the program will be implemented gradually.