- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Sheep, khachapuri and suluguni to become Georgia’s brand.2010-01-29 16:16
Georgian sheep, suluguni cheese and khachapuri [Georgian cheese pastry] will be patented as the national brand of Georgia, stated Irakli Gvaladze, the head of Sakpatenti [National Intellectual Property Center of Georgia], the ex-deputy Minister of finance - Trend.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He says serious work must be done to register the national patrimony. The company intends to register some plants, animals and national Georgian dishes.
He draws the example of France, which patented up to 300 items of cheese.
At the same time, Georgia hasn't already registered even suluguni, he mentions. It's planned to register Georgian sheep being sold massively, and some traditional dishes, like khachapuri.
The head of Sakpatenti has already discussed a number of joint events with Bakur Kvezereli, the Minister of Agriculture.