- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ex-Foreign Minister cannot rule out attempts to assassinate Saakashvili2010-02-01 15:58
The closest circle of President Saakashvili, disappointed in his political future, can attempt to assassinate him.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This suggestion was made by Salome Zourabishvili, the ex-Foreign Minister of Georgia, leader of pro-opposition Way of Georgia party.
"We cannot rule out that the governmental team thinks: Misha's affair is "gone", he has no political future, and they can start process of his elimination," she said in the interview to Kviris Palitra [Georgian weekly].
"We can also imply the process of his physical elimination," she added - the VZGLYAD.
Zourabishvili pointed out that on TV Saakashvili has been shown with "blackened eyes" or with "lots of toner" recently, and these features somehow highlight his indisposition.
She also said that being in Mikheil Saakashvili's place, she would be careful with Gigi Ugulava, as the Mayor of Tbilisi, who wants to win the first direct elections of mayor in May, can be eager to become the President.