- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Shevardnadze was accused of being involved in assassination of Gamsakhurdia2010-02-01 17:31
Konstantin Gamsakhurdia, the head of the parliamentary Interim Commission on Issue of the Decease of the First President of Georgia, Zviad Gamsakhurdia, son of the late President, accuses ex-President Eduard Shevardnadze of being involved in the assassination of his father - Georgia Times correspondent in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Gamsakhurdia voiced it past Sunday in the air of Rustavi 2. He added he obtained confirmation in the course of his visit to Moscow.
In Russia he met with a number of former high-ranking officials, including Igor Giorgadze, the ex-Minister of State Security, and Tengiz Kitovani, the ex-Minister of Defense.
He noted it was Giorgadze who told him the order to kill Zviad Gamsakhurdia was pronounced by Eduard Shevardnadze, and he needed his death to legitimate own power.
In the light of obtaining new data Konstantin Gamsakhurdia intends to turn to the Speaker with a request to extend the term of his Commission.
He also intends to summon the ex-President to a sitting and interrogate him, but Shevardnadze refuses and claims the son of the late President won't be objective in assessment of the events.
The armed mutiny against Zviad Gamsakhurdia and his government was started in end December 1991, in January 1992 Gamsakhurdia and a number of his supporters had to leave Georgia. He died in 1993, in one of the highland settlements in West Georgia. According to the official version, he shot himself.