- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
President of Georgia met with Venice Commission chairman2010-02-04 10:43
Last night Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, met with Gianni Buquicchio, the chairman of the Venice Commission of the Council of Europe, ad discussed with him amendments to the Constitution, being worked out by Georgian government - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We can say just today Georgia needs a constitution of the European style, which would take into account all the European legislation and it will be a modern document of the country's development, "Saakashvili said - trend. He explained the European-type Constitution's main principles are equal rights for all power branches, strong parliament, answerability of the power to the people.
He mentioned in this way the Georgian government continues democratic reforms in the country. Among the completed reforms the President mentioned eradication of corruption, measures to set business free from bureaucratic obstacles etc.
Buquicchio, in his turn, said his commission is ready to help Georgia in creating working out the new Constitution.