- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Hague court listened to Georgia’s report on August war2010-02-04 15:39
Prosecutor of the international court in Hague listened to the report of Georgian NGOs on August war in Caucasus.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Five NGOs worked on the report with support of Open Society-Georgia fund - Kavkaz-Online. These five are: Young Lawyers Association, 42nd Article of the Constitution, Centre for Human Rights, XXI Century union, Centre for Constitutional Rights Protection.
The document interested prosecutor Louis Moreno-Ocampo. Upon his initiative yesterday representatives of Georgian NGOs presented him and his team a draft version. The document is mainly based on witnesses of refugees.
NGOs say that many facts were analyzed in the course of work on the report. 1 055 refugees were surveyed with a help of a special questionnaire. They were processed both statistically and with methodology of comparison of facts.
Georgian NGOs believe that serious crimes took place in August 2008, and the issue of responsibility should be raised.