- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili is advised to amend law on rallies and manifestations2010-02-04 17:02
Representatives of the Venice Commission of the Council of Europe, staying in Georgia, believe that Georgian law on rallies and manifestations should be amended.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the press conference they said restriction of rights for assemblies itself doesn't contradict the Venice Convention, and certain restrictions are allowed, like the ones concerning places of staging rallies and interference of police.
Yet they see the prohibition to approach state buildings by closer than 20 meters [65.6 feet] as unreasonable.
According to the Commission representatives, the Georgian side promised to amend the law.