- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili discusses cooperation issues with U.S. Deputy Secretary of State2010-02-05 17:32
Today Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, held a meeting with James Steinberg, the U.S. Deputy Secretary of State, and Phillip Gordon, Assistant Secretary of State for Europe and Eurasian Affairs. The negotiations were held in the residence, behind the closed doors, Georgian TV companies could show only a fragment - Georgia Times correspondent in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the meeting Mikheil Saakashvili highlighted the importance of the unprecedented financial aid the country receives from the USA, and especially the new package of economic aid, aimed for refugees. He thanked the high-ranking guests for political and economic support rendered by the U.S.
Steinberg, in his turn, mentioned the importance of Georgia's participation in the peacemaking mission and said that for the USA development of economy and democracy, as well as ensuring security of the country, remain priorities.
Right after the end of the meeting the guests gave a final press conference and left Tbilisi.