- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Speaker congratulated Ukrainians on successful elections2010-02-08 17:04
David Bakradze, the speaker of the Parliament of Georgia, congratulated Ukrainian people on the successful second tour of presidential elections, which, in his view, were held past Sunday in a peaceful and stable atmosphere - Georgia Times correspondent in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I'd like to congratulate Ukrainian people on having conducted elections in peaceful and stable situation. According to the existing data, statements of international organisations and monitoring missions, elections were democratic and met international standards," Bakradze said at today's sitting of the Parliament.
He added that final results should be waited for, but expressed hope for maintaining good-neighbourly and partner relations between Georgia and Ukraine.
"At the present stage hope and deep confidence that friendly relations and strategic partnership between our countries will maintain, can be expressed; as there are reasons for that: our common interests, traditional friendship and good neighbourhood," Bakradze said.