- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia and Russia won’t be in one Euro-2012 group due to political reasons2010-02-09 10:29
UEFA decided that Russia and Georgia, as well as Azerbaijan and Armenia won't be in one group due to political reasons.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Usually countries in political conflict play without much trouble in pitch, but in Euro-2008 elimination games the match of Armenia and Azerbaijan failed to take place. These two countries are the two sides of a political conflict; as well as Russia and Georgia - sport.pl.
Previously cases when states refused to play with political opponents, were registered, and UEFA tries to avoid the situation. In 1974 the USSR refused to send its team to Chile. Asian countries persistently boycotted marches with Israel when it was in the Football Federation of Asia.