- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: Georgia overtook and surpassed Ukraine2010-02-09 11:26
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, believes that in many aspects Georgia overtook and surpassed Ukraine. The statement was made last evening at the meeting with parliamentary majourity - Georgia Times reporter in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He added that Ukraine' positions deteriorated over the 5 years as the ruling team failed to stay united.
"There was no unity in the government of Ukraine, and therefore all these years were spent in constant chaos, crisis and street actions," the Georgian leader explained.
In his view, "Russia wants to make the same chaos and crisis in Georgia."
Mikheil Saakashvili said that when he came to power, income per capita in Georgia amounted USD 890 and was twice as small as in Ukraine. Now it exceeds USD 2930, whereas in Ukraine remains within USD 2700 . According to his data, Georgia is 11th in the Eastern Europe in the rank of business climate, Russia is 120th, Ukraine - 142nd. In the ranks of economic freedom Georgia is the 1st, Ukraine - 133rd, Russia 134th , he added. Georgia is in the top in progress in fighting corruption, Ukraine occupies lowest positions.
Yet Saakashvili claimed ready to support previous normal relations disregard results of presidential elections. He explained Georgian government has friends and partners in both staffs.