- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russia’ s Security Council: NATO expansion is a threat to Russia2010-02-09 17:46
NATO is still a threat to Russia, especially the former's constant expansion with the help of new participant countries, said Nikolai Patrushev, the Secretary of Security Council of Russia - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We have grave doubts [that Russia will be more secure due to NATO expansion],"he said at today's press conference. "NATO represents a rather serious threat to us."
Since the termination of the Warsaw Pact, NATO has expanded from 12 members to 28, and included in the majority of Moscow's Cold War allies in Eastern Europe and some former Soviet republics.
The Security Council Secretary criticized NATO for its continued enlargement efforts, including its encouragement of Georgia's and Ukraine's aspirations to join the alliance.
He also accused NATO of arming and preparing Georgia for an assault on South Ossetia and Abkhazia, and said NATO countries continued armament supplies Tbilisi even despite Russia's protests.