- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alasania found a way to normalize relations with Russia2010-02-09 18:40
Unblocking trade and economic relations and communications, use of people's diplomacy resource - these are first-line measures to normalize relations with Russia, believes Irakli Alasania, the ex-ambassador to the UN, leader of pro-opposition Alliance for Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Serious European leaders must be involved in the process; it can be Germany or another country significant for Russia, which will take the role of mediator in restoration of political dialog of Russia and Georgia," he said to Pirveli information agency.
He added that the main task mast be withdrawing Russian troops from Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Alasania also said Georgia must open borders with Abkhazia and South Ossetia, favour normalization of human relations. "It will be a very difficult process, but restoring trust of Tbilisi and Moscow step by step is necessary," the opposition leader said.
In his opinion, the present-day authorities have no resources for this dialog, but he's sure the prospects of normalization of the bilateral relations exist.