- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Parliament of Georgia condemned France for selling Mistral to Russia2010-02-10 10:18
The Parliament of Georgia strongly criticized France's selling Mistral, the helicopter carrier ship, to Russia. On Tuesday the issue was raised at the Parliament's sitting by pro-opposition MP Paata Davitaya. He called on colleagues to react on the fact and adopt a special statement - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Davitaya, the topic must be a subject of discussion by all NATO members.
"One of NATO countries sold Russia the armament which can be used by it against the country, aspiring to become the Alliance member," Davitaya said.
David Darchiashvili, the chairman of the committee for integration in Europe, representative of the parliamentary majourity, stated the decision of France can be called imprudent and ill-thought-over.
"The fact won't favour ensuring security of the region. And the European Union must react on sale of Mistral to Russia," MP said.