- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian journalist requests political asylum in Switzerland2010-02-10 13:19
Vakhtang Komakhidze, a well-known Georgian journalist, requested political asylum from the authorities of Switzerland - the VZGLYAD.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Today his address will be published by Pressa.ge and the Versia [Tbilisi newspaper].
Komakhidze stated he made this decision as he couldn't perform his professional duties in Georgia.
He also mentioned threat to health and lives of himself and his family. Komakhidze explains his decision by menaces from the authorities.
The journalist believes it's connected with the film about South Ossetia he was preparing. For that purpose he and two human rights activists from Tbilisi stayed in the region. Previously Komakhidze and the Reporter studio also produced sharp reports for Kavkasia and maestro TV companies.
Georgian authorities haven't already commented the statement.