- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alasania held meeting with Russian Foreign Minister2010-02-10 17:07
Irakli Alasania, the leader of the Alliance for Georgia, held meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in the course of his visit to Munich - Georgia Times correspondent in Tbilisi. At today's press conference Alasania said he was invited to Munich by the Koerber Fund.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the opposition leader, in Munich he held a number of meetings, includig the one with Lavrov.
Irakli Alasania said he called on Russia "to implement all the points of the cease-fire agreement" and to provide de-militarization of the region, but his position was different from Lavrov's.
He also mentioned they discussed only exterior threats, and didn't touch upon domestic policy.
As for normalization of Georgian-Russian relations and driving them out of deadlock, Alasania believes it can only be done via negotiations between heads of states. He added he told Lavrov that situation when the head of one state refuses to talk to the government of another, is inadmissible.
"And though our opinions differed in many aspects, necessity to start dialog was registered by both sides," Alasania said.