- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisi mayor candidates invited for debates2010-02-11 16:56
First TV debates between Tbilisi Mayor candidates can be held in Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The debates are initiated by the International Foundtion for Electoral Systems, Trend reports.
At the present day there are 8 candidates.
Yesterday the Foundation representatives held a meeting with the acting mayor, Gigi Ugulava. He will be presented to the post again by the ruling party, the United National Movement. He expressed readiness to participate in the debates to be broadcasted live in case the sides agree on Public TV.
It should be noticed that practically all the candidates agreed to take part in the debates. The exception is Gogi Topadze, the representative of Industry to Save Georgia party. He claims the debates will be financed from the state budget but not by international organisations.
The Foundation continues consultations with candidates.