- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Runaway journalist gathered shocking videos about South Ossetia2010-02-11 18:04
Vakhtang Komakhidze, a well-known Georgian journalist, who requested political asylum in Switzerland, has shocking materials about South Ossetia, received in the course of his journey to the region in December 2009.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He managed to record "scandalous interviews, videos that can shake", and the government of Georgia doesn't want these to be published, said Nana Kakabadze, the human rights activist, in her interview to the Alia newspaper.
She added Komakhidze made his decision to request a political asylum in the airport of Tbilisi, when realized he was watched by Interior Ministry representatives - the VZGLYAD.
The human rights activist explained that in Switzerland he must have interviewed one of the judges of the Hague Tribunal. Now he plans to complete his film in that country.
Komakhidze stated he made this decision as he couldn't perform his professional duties in Georgia.
He also mentioned threat to health and lives of himself and his family. Komakhidze explains his decision by menaces from the authorities.