- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
President of Abkhazia took the oath2010-02-12 14:38
At the ceremony in Sokhumi Sergey Bagapsh officially took the office of the President of Abkhazia. He pronounced the oath of loyalty to his people in Abkhazian language, with a hand on the Constitution - Interfax.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Batal Tapagua, the Central Electoral Commission chairman, granted Bagapsh the certificate of the President of Abkhazia.
The ceremony was attended by many guests among them: envoys of the Russian President's administration, leaders of Russian Central Electoral Commission, envoys from North Caucasus republics, Nagorno-Karabakh, Transdniestria, South Ossetia, big delegation of both chamber of the Russian parliament, governors of some Russian regions, representatives of Abkhazian diaspora of Turkey, ambassadors of Nicaragua and Venezuela to Russia.
Presidential elections were held on December 12th 2009, Sergey Bagapsh was re-elected for the second term. According to CEC he won 59.37 per cent of votes. Raul Khajimba - 15.4 per cent; Zaur Ardzinba - 10.6 per cent; Beslan Butba - 7.9 per cent, Vitaliy Bganba - 1.5 per cent.