- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Shamba was appointed the PM of Abkhazia2010-02-15 10:31
Sergey Bagapsh, the leader of Abkhazia, appointed Sergey Shamba the PM. Previously Shamba was the Foreign Minister of Abkhazia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Shamba became the successor to Alexander Ankvab, who was appointed the Vice President after elections in December. On Saturday the last sitting of outgoing Cabinet of Abkhazia was held in Sokhumi - RIA Novosti.
At the sitting Bagapsh said he signed the decree on appointing Shamba the Prime Minister. He highlighted that he is an experienced politician.
Yet he mentioned that in the process of forming the new Cabinet structural changes would take place, though the backbone would remain. The leader of Abkhazia highlighted that some ministries would be cut, some - expanded. "Rotation of personnel happens, but there must be no offense," Bagapsh said.
"The work of the whole republic will depend on the work of the Cabinet. Now he [Shamba] will have to deal with the issues of social and economic development of the country," Bagapsh said.