- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili attended opening ceremony of Olympics2010-02-15 11:37
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, attended the opening ceremony of the 21st Olympics in Vancouver, Canada.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the press service of the Georgian leader, 5 000 sportsmen and 80 000 spectators honoured the memory of Nodar Kumaritashvili, a young sportsman, tragically died right before the Olympics, with a minute of silence - Georgia Times reporter.
Mikheil Saakashvili also attended the official reception held by the Governor-General and Prime Minister of Canada. The reception was dedicated to the opening of 21st Olympic Games and the guests expressed their sorrow with a moment of silence to honor the memory of the late sportsman as well. The Prime Minister of Canada expressed his condolences to the Georgian delegation and Nodar Kumaritashvili's family.
Then the President visited the Olympic Village and met with the Georgian sportsmen.