- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: sportsman’s mistake mustn’t cost his life2010-02-15 12:13
Sportsman's mistake mustn't cost his life, said President Mikheil Saakashvili, at the press conference in the main Olympic press centre of Vancouver - Georgia Times correspondent in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It was Saakashvili's comment upon the statements of experts claiming the mistake of the sportsman to be the cause of tragedy.
"Mistakes often occur in sports, especially in the sports with some dangers. Therefore everything must be done to avoid such consequences. We'll build Nodar Kumaritashvili track. Such a track doesn't exist in Georgia now. It's important to let the young generation follow Nodar's example and reach success. All I know: sportsman's mistake must not end fatally," the Georgian leader highlighted.
He reminded that the wall of the track must be higher, and it became higher, but it would have been better if demands of the sportsmen had been considered before.