- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
In Canada Saakashvili met with representatives of Georgian diaspora2010-02-15 16:39
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, now staying in Vancouver, where the winter Olympics are being held, in the course of his visit held meeting with representatives of Georgian diaspora in Canada - Georgia Times in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the press service of the President, Mikheil Saakashvili talked to the compatriots and touched upon situation in Georgia and interrelations with Russia.
He presented a number of new initiatives, aimed at reinforcement of the diaspora's ties with historical Motherland. Upon his proposal the method of remote teaching Georgian language will be introduced.
"It's important not to let our children forget native tongue and culture," the President said.
He also proposed to let children from Canada to spend vacations in patriotic camps of Georgia in the framework of Patriot program.