- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Mayor of Tbilisi is accused of embezzlement2010-02-16 15:24
This Monday Koba Davitashvili, the leader of pro-opposition People's Party, proposed the Prosecutor's Office to investigate Georgi Ugulava's allocation of money for his bride from the Mayor's Office's budget.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The response must follow within 10 days - the VZGLYAD.
In his interview to Kavkazia TV company the opposition member said the Mayor of the capital ordered to allocate 11 118 lari [over USD 6 500] for deputy head of his administration, who became his wife shortly after.
Davitashvili mentioned the order came during the war in South Ossetia.
He promised to lead investigation to the end.
The Mayor's Office stated the expenditures from budget are transparent, the sum was aimed for travel expenses of the aforesaid employee, as she visited the USA in the delegation, headed by the President Mikheil Saakashvili.