- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition claims of tortures in Georgian prisons2010-02-16 16:35
Today Georgi Lagadze, the leader of the pro-opposition Future of Georgia party stated that prisoners are tortured in Georgian jail.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We have data that in Gldani, Rustavi and Kutaisi prisons beatings and tortures of prisoners continue. An inmate is beaten even for the slightest fault, publicly and in cells," Lagidze said.
He added that recently one prisoner had been beaten by wardens and left without an eye - Interfax.
"The statements of our authorities on the recently improved situation in prisons is an overt lie. According to our data, mortality among inmates increased, the sick are not even taken to prison hospital," Lagidze mentioned.
He added that his party would send comprehensive information on situation in the penitentiary system of the country to international organisations.