- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Abkhazia won’t ask anyone for recognition2010-02-17 18:22
Abkhazia won't ask anyone to recognize its independency, but will work on creation of various creations for wide international recognition of the republic, stated Sergey Bagapsh, the leader of Abkhazia, delivering a speech to Moscow students - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
By the present moment Abkhazia and South Ossetia are recognized by Russia, Venezuela, Nicaragua and Nauru.
"As for the further recognition, we work further in this direction. The Foreign Ministry of Russia helps us in it. But we don't intend to ask anyone to recognize us. In the first line, we must reach that level of economy, culture and democratic development that no-one could question - to recognize this state or not," Bagapsh said.
In his view, the most important thing that Abkhazia was recognized by the world's largest country [Russia] and smallest [Nauru].
Speaking of the relations with Georgia he said that dialog would be possible "if Georgia realizes one thing - realities changed and Abkhazia became different, our republic must be recognized and built civilized relations with." He also added that no-one would build a "Chinese Wall" between Georgians and Abkhazians.