- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition staged a protest action demanding the release of political prisoners2010-02-18 13:18
Today a part of Georgian opposition staged a protest action demanding the release of political prisoners. The participants were: representatives of the Conservative party, movement For United Georgia, Movement for Just Georgia, People's Party - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The protesters walked along Rustaveli Avenue, on their way gluing posters with portraits of political prisoners.
One of those for whose freedom they struggle is Tsotne Gamsakhurdia, the son of the first President. Among participants there were supporters of Manana Archvadze-Gamsakhurdia.
The event was organized by the Conservative party. According to its Secretary General Kakha Kukava, these actions will be held every Thursday till the last political prisoner is released.
Besides, opposition intends to stage similar actions outside Georgia. On February 25th it plans the rally near the European Commission building in Brussels. Protesters will pass their petition to the European Commission chairman.