- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Mass pardoning at Easter expected in Georgia2010-02-19 10:35
According to tentative information, commission for pardoning, headed by Elena Tevdoradze, will hold a sitting in March - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Commission will consider the cases and will present its recommendations to the President of Georgia, who will sign the decree on pardoning.
Most of the cases to be considered are those of prisoners, who served more than one half of their sentence, and also cases of minor offences. Murderers, drug dealers and other felons won't fall under pardoning.