- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Holbrooke is admired with professionalism and courage of Georgian military2010-02-22 17:24
Richard Holbrooke, the U.S. special representative to Afghanistan and Pakistan finished his visit to Georgia, content with the professionalism of Georgian soldiers - Georgia Times correspondent to Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This morning he, together with President Mikheil Saakashvili, visited the Ministry of Defensetraining centre in Krtsanisi, where the Georgian battalion to be sent to Afghanistan, is training.
According to presidential press service, Holbrooke met with the military, visited the exercise, even dinnered with them, and also learnt about their life and living conditions.
After the meeting with the military Saakashvili stated the mission of the Georgian contingent will be hard, but Georgia must complete it.
"Richard Holbrooke and General Petreus stated me they are impressed with professionalism, courage and training level of our military. It will be a hard mission. The fate of the whole coalition and the whole world will depend on our success in Afghanistan," Saakashvili said.
On behalf of the American people Holbrooke expressed gratitude to Georgia for decision to send an additional battalion to Afghanistan.
He said the Georgian forces would play a significant role in struggle with terrorism in the world.
Today I had the honor to take a view of the demonstrative exercise on the ground and to meet with soldiers with whom i had some useful talks. I was given the opportunity as well to see the US fleet instructors being actively involved in the training process. On my arrival in Washington I will report of it to the United States` president, State Secretary and my colleagues," he said - Ministry of Defense of Georgia.
Then Saakashvili and Holbrooke held a meeting in Avlabari residence of the Georgian leader. According to the presidential press service, they focused on security issues and participation of contingent in peacemaking operation in Afghanistan.