- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
NATO hasn’t renounced plans to integrate Georgia and Ukraine2010-02-23 10:57
NATO hasn't renounced plans to grant membership to Georgia and Ukraine, but both countries must conduct reforms actively to meet the criteria for admission, said Anders Fogh Rasmussen, NATO Secretary General after speech in Georgetown University- RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He also mentioned that membership in NATO isn't a gift but rather compliance with strict criteria, and added that reforms must be held not in security sphere alone.
According to the Secretary General, at the summit in Bucharest in 2008 NATO made a political decision, but now the quickness of admission of the two countries depends on Tbilisi and Kiyv.
He highlighted that demands cover not only defense, but civil and public spheres as well.
He added that currently NATO is actively cooperating with Georgia and Ukraine via bilateral working groups.