- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition MP demands to punish elections’ riggers2010-02-25 10:36
Georgi Tsagareishvili, the opposition MP, demands more severe punishment for rigging elections - up to 15 years in prison - Georgia Times correspondent in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the MP, he has already worked out the due legislative initiative of amending the Electoral Code, and next week will present it to the Parliament.
"The upcoming local elections will be crucial, the fate of democracy in Georgia will depend on their result. Therefore it's crucial to amend the Electoral Code," he said.
He added that current legislation implies 2 years of imprisonment, in Russia this term is 4 years, in Ukraine - 7 years. Other abuses of officials are punished more severely - 15 years of imprisonment.