- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EBRD ready to allocate Georgia EUR 200 mln2010-02-26 10:32
In 2010 European Bank for reconstruction and Development can allocate Georgia credits at the sum of EUR 200 mln.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In mid March Thomas Mirow, the EBRD president will visit Georgia to acquaint with the economic situation in the country and implementation of projects with participation of EBRD. He's planned to meet with members of government and state structures, as well as with representatives of the private sector - Interfax.
The bank representative said that according to the strategy 2010-2012, priority fields will be energy sphere, transport, banking sector, small and medium business.
It also concerns such large-scale projects as construction of bypass railway around Tbilisi and power line between Georgia and Turkey. EBRD is one of the main investors in these projects.
The total amount of investments of EBRD to Georgia exceeds 1 mln.
The board of directors of the Bank adjourned the consideration of allocating Georgia EUR 125 mln for financing the railway bypassing Tbilisi. The postponement was stated to be caused by technical reasons, proceeding from the scale of the project. The total cost of this project amounts EUR 360 mln. 70 per cent of the cost is supposed to be financed by EBRD and European Investment Bank.