- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ex-leader of Abkhazia taken to hospital2010-02-26 14:51
On Thursday morning Vladislav Ardzinba, the ex-leader of Abkhazia, was taken to Central Clinical Hospital in Russia by EMERCOM aircraft with a special flight from Sokhumi - Life News.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Mass media report Ardzinba, aged 64, is seriously ill. His condition grew so much worse that the present-day President of Abkhazia decided to help him.
Ardzinba is a well-known Soviet historian and orientalist, one of the most significant Soviet specialists in Hittites [up to 1990].
In 1990 he was elected the chairman of the Supreme Council of Abkhazia, in 1994 - the President of Abkhazia.
In 1999 he was re-elected, but in 2004 had to resign due to serious disease. His resignation and the subsequent presidential elections lead to lasting political crisis.