- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Large-scale military exercise to be held in Baltic countries2010-02-27 18:36
NATO exercise of the largest scale over the recent 6 years will be held in 2010 in Baltic countries.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Delivery and deployment of the Alliance troops will be trained over several episodes of the maneuvers. Since the moment of entering NATO by the three Baltic countries these will be the maneuvers of the largest scale.
This summer maneuvers of forces of defense with participation of about 500 U.S. marines will take place in North Estonia - the VZGLYAD.
Maneuvers with participation of Baltic and American military will be held in Latvia. In Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania staff maneuvers will be held to train support of NATO forces arrival. Drills on unloading transport ship of NATO will be conducted in Latvia.
According to Lauri Abel, the head of the combat readiness and operations of the Ministry of Defense of Estonia department, similar drills will be held in the future, and their complexity will grow.
According to the assessment of Andreas Kazekamp, the director of the Institute of Foreign Policy, anxiety over the demonstration of force from the side of Russia grew, therefore NATO decided to show their presence in the region via drills.