- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ilia II called on migrants to return to the Motherland2010-03-01 10:09
Ilia II, the Catholicos Patiarch of All Georgia, in his sermon in the Holy Trinity Cathedral past Sunday called on all Georgian emigrants to return - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Patriarch highlighted that three notions are the most important for the country: God, Motherland and human.
"A person shouldn't leave own Motherland. I never expected that so many people will leave the country so easily. I understand that it was a need that drew them outside the Motherland, but it's better be in need in Motherland. I address the Georgian emigrants: return under the patronage of the Mother of God," the Patriarch said.
He expressed confidence that Georgia will surely find a peaceful way and underlined that Georgia will surely steer to a peaceful way, that Abkhazia and South Ossetia are not lost, moreover, they remain inside Georgia, but the country temporarily cannot control their territories.
"There have always been love and friendly relations, and Abkhazians must see where's their way of salvation," Ilia II said.