- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
UN Secretary General’s envoy to Georgia appointed2010-03-02 11:17
The UN Secretary General's new special representative to Georgia was appointed. According to Georgian TV companies, the post passed to Antti Turunen [Finland] - Georgia Times correspondent to Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In 2008, when Finland was the president county of the OSCE, Turunen headed the Permanent Council of the organisation.
The Finnish government's official statement says Turunen is a brilliant diplomat, and his skills were revealed at best while solving crisis in Georgia during Finnish presidency in the OSCE.
Turun's predecessor at the post was Johan Verbeke.